As many of you know I’m a huge Disney fan – I mean who isn’t? I went to Disney World Florida last month as part of my honeymoon and I can’t wait to share with you all my photos. I know it’s a cliche, but it truly is a magical place. As I’ve mentioned before on my Disney Store Wishlist post, Disney played a huge role in my childhood. Watching the classics triggers so many happy memories and makes me incredibly nostalgic. They are so comforting and familiar. Watching them makes me feel incredibly safe and happy. The characters are like old friends of mine. As a child, watching films like Alice in Wonderland or Peter Pan was like being transported to a world full of colour and beautiful music, it was a place where your imagination could run wild. It sounds silly but sometimes when I feel down, lonely or over-whelmed re-watching Snow White, listening to “…tale as old as a time” or even reading a quote can make me smile. We can all relate to a character, a moral dilemma, piece of music or quote from Disney.
Below I’ve included just 10 of my favourite quotes and/or lyrics, although I could have added many, many more. These have all made me think, wonder, laugh and cry, for whatever reason they are the ones that have stayed with me. Just for a little bit of fun I’ve written which film they belong to in brackets but in a white font so you have to highlight the text to find out the answer! No cheating now…
10. “The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all”
( Mulan )
9. “Second star to the right and straight on till morning!”
8. “You’re mad. Bonkers. Off your head… but i’ll tell you a secret… all the best people are.”
(Alice in Wonderland)
7. “You are a sad, strange little man, and you have my pity.”
6. “Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind.”
(Lilo & Stitch)
5. “I was hiding under your porch because I love you.”
( UP )
4. “If only the world wouldn’t get in the way / If only people would just let you play”
(The Fox in the Hound)
3. “You think the only people who are people, are the people who look and think like you. But if you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you’ll learn things you never knew you never knew.”
2. “No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dreams that you wish will come true.”
1. “She glanced this way, I thought I saw… and when we touched, she didn’t shudder at my paw. No, it can’t be; I’ll just ignore… but then, she’s never looked at me that way before…”
(Beauty & the Beast)
Okay let’s be honest now, how many did you get?
I know as soon as I published this post I’ll remember a hundred others I should have included… expect Part 2 very shortly!
What are your favourite Disney quotes and lyrics?
Please leave them in a comment below.
Roxie | Scottish beauty blogger & mummy to two beautiful girls. Gilmore Girls, coffee and cake lover. Serious makeup hoarder.
Want to work with me? Get in touch… Roxie5f1@msn.com