My Beauty Bay payday treat is quickly becoming the highlight of my month. Beauty Bay offer free delivery over £15 and stock a number of my favourite brands including Anastasia Beverly Hills, Antipodes, Makeup Geek, Zoeva, Illamasqua, Pixi and Spectrum. One brand I’ve been loving right now is Morphe Brushes who specialise in high-quality makeup brushes and accessories. I recently picked up their M510 Pro Round Blender Brush, which is my new favourite highlighting brush, and the M514 Detail Round Blender Brush, which blends my eyeshadow with it’s soft, fluffy bristles to perfection. I may have also just ordered a few single eyeshadows (for only £1.95 each) to add to my Z Palette which I’ll be sharing with you very soon.
As well as brushes, Morphe have a line of professional eyeshadow palettes containing some beautiful shade combinations and finishes, all very reasonably priced. I picked up their 12NB Natural Beauty Palette containing 12 stunning nude, neutral and muted shades for only £11.95. I’ll skip over the part where I complain about all the fingerprint smudges matte black packaging always attracts and get straight to what’s inside…
1. Pale Matte Ivory – A good all over base shade but the least pigmented of the 12. Requires a fair bit of build-up to get any significant colour pay-off.
2. Satin Warm Cream – A buttery, soft shade that makes a lovely transition shade. Slightly more pigmented than the matte but still requires a bit of work.
3. Gold Shimmer – This beautiful champagne shade adds instant glamour to your look without being overly glittery. One of my favourite shade in the palette.
4. Peach Nude w/ Gold Glitter – A pretty pinky/peach shade with subtle hints of glitter that catch in the light.
1. Soft brown w/ Pink Undertones – A delicate satin brown with a hint of pink pigment that gives a soft, pearl-like shimmer.
2. Bronze Shimmer – A highly pigmented, beautiful rustic bronze with gold shimmer.
3. Brown with Orange/Red Shimmer – An intense shade that contains hints of red that adds depth and warmth.
4. Dark Brown with Metalic Shimmer – This shade reminds me of my beloved MAC Satin Taupe with a touch more depth and shimmer.
1. Matte Chocolate Brown – I love when I try a matte with full on pigmentation such as this one. It’s soft, but not chalky, and has very little fallout.
2. Matte Khaki Brown – A slightly cooler matte brown.
3. Matte Brown with Grey Undertones – Perfect for creating a smokier nude eye.
4. Dark Brown with Marron Undertones – A beautiful, rich, intense shade that really stands out in terms of pigmentation and impact.
Each shade seems to seamlessly lead into the other, this palette was clearly very well thought out. Every shade blends like a dream with very little fallout even from the ones containing the drier matte formula. The shimmers are especially buttery soft and long lasting. All eyeshadows are crease and fade proof and, apart from the first two ivory shades, are incredibly pigmented. I love how this palette is very versatile as I can rustle up both a quick, natural everyday look and a smoky nighttime nude eye easily using different combinations. I’m really impressed with the quality and price of this palette and I will be definitely having a look at what other palettes Morphe Brushes online next month.
The Morphe Brushes 12NB Natural Beauty Palette is available from Beauty Bay and retails for £11.95.
Have you tried any products from the Morphe Brushes collection?
What’s your favourite shade?0