Today is officially the first day of autumn and I’m celebrating with a beautiful new header designed by Emmy at Emmy Writes About. Isn’t it perfect? This is the time of year I dust off my copies of Harry Potter and use the words ‘hygge’ and ‘autumnal’ like they are going out of fashion. This is my favourite time of year and here’s why…
- Cinnamon, gingerbread, orange and clove candles everywhere.
- The clothes. For someone who isn’t very body confident, I couldn’t wait to see the back of summer. There’s just way too much pressure to have that ‘beach ready body’, whatever that means. I walked into Primark the other day and I was greeted by tartan scarves, mustard yellow jumpers, green plaid shirts, thick woolen skirts, bobble hats and brown boots with chunky heels. My idea of fashion heaven.
- Hot chocolate every day. I definitely up my hot chocolate game as the weather gets colder. It’s the perfect excuse to stock up on whipped cream, cinnamon sticks, caramel syrup, marshmallows and a very overpriced tin of Whittard’s Luxury White Hot Chocolate.
- Streets littered with leaves. Where I live in Scotland, it can be very dreary and grey most of the time. Seeing bursts of yellow, brown and orange just makes everything look less gloomy and monotonous.
- Halloween. I’ll be honest, I don’t really care for Halloween. I hate horror movies and apart from the couple of cuties that go guising before 9pm, it’s just an excuse for all the teenagers in my street to be annoying as hell and smash everyone’s pumpkins. But there are a couple of things I do love, like dressing Penny up in adorable costumes and curling under a blanket to watch Hocus Pocus and Practical Magic. Also, have you seen the new black cat shaped Bewitched Bubble Bar at Lush? I need it in my life immediately. Although, I really just want to get my hands on the Magic of Christmas Bubble Wand, my all-time favourite festive Lush treat.
What’s your favourite part of autumn?